Trip to Otsuki, Yamanashi
I arrived in Otsuki, Yamanashi in the afternoon, where I met up with my host parents. They brought me to a 紅葉 (kouyou- changing colors of autumn leaves) illumination in the evening. All the photographers there looked so pro with their tripods.
Wish I knew how to use my camera better. These beautiful trees deserve a better photo shoot than this, but I did the best I could with my amateur skill. The deep crimsons, rich golds, and hints of light green lit up beautifully against the pitch black sky.
Not all the trees have turned color yet, but the color combination is breathtaking. What a feast for the eyes!
The night was extremely chilly. At the entrance, there were food stands that sold yakitori, oden, udon, and other hot, hearty food.
おでん (oden)- Japanese winter stew/soup
The next day, we strolled around the neighborhood a little and had tsukemen and udon for lunch. It was a short visit, but there's nothing like a relaxing weekend in the countryside with great company, gorgeous natural scenery, and delicious food.






