4.30

Golden Week was April 29 - May 5, which means I had one week off from school...which means more traveling!! Since I went to a concert on the 29th, I decided to take the cheaper (but much, much longer) way to Tokyo on the 30th with my friend A. 8 hours..from ~10am- 7pm. We passed by a lot of rice paddies and green countryside places like this!
The stop was called Notogawa, but I think it's in Shiga (city next to Kyoto). What beautiful scenery..
After about 7 hours of riding the train, A went off to Yokohama since her family lives there, and I took one more train to Shinjuku Station where I met up with my friend L. It's so good to see her again! Feels like we just met yesterday :)
We had dinner and some delicious cake at a cafe in Shinjuku.
We walked around a little and L showed me Sunshine City, which was a very lively part of town with blindingly bright billboards (hence the name "Sunshine City").