japan- 3/28

In the morning, my UC building buddies and I went to school together. We took our written placement test, and after lunch we had our Doshisha orientation (in Japanese and English). There are so many deadlines, forms and information..! I accidentally dozed off during the orientation, but I understood everything they were saying. Later as we were waiting for the bus to go back to our apartment, it started SNOWING!! It was unbelievable..it usually doesn't snow in Kyoto at this time of year.

After getting off the train, we stopped by the grocery store inside the shopping center. There were so many pretty and delicious cakes, pastries, etc. and lots and lots of food! Price of fruits aren't ridiculous, but apparently the melons really are overpriced! $50ish for one cantelope!?!?!

Later that night, we all went bowling (there was an arcade in the same building!). No group picture unfortunately, so I'll post a pic of the bowling alley. We ended up paying $17 per person! So expensive... guess we won't be going again!