Lately I've only had work on campus (still working part-time) while everyone had classes to go to. I've been spending my free time reading Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, practicing guitar until my fingers hurt like crazy, drawing in my sketchbook, watching movies and TV show, cooking, and occasionally meeting up with people. It's been such a long time since I've been able to relax during my break! Winter break has always been full-time work on campus, and summer breaks have been either summer classes or internships/volunteer work.
Last night, I saw Utada Hikaru perform live at the Fillmore in SF with Cy. One of the best concerts I've been to (The Pillows and the Killers are still my favs)! The audience was friendly, no long waiting in line before the concert, had a fairly good view and nice spot under the AC, and concert didn't end too late. Utada is amazing live, and it was just a really fun concert overall!


It must be great to be able to convey your feelings through singing/songwriting/playing an instrument well.. Music has such amazing power. Curious how certain sounds and tones make you feel a certain way :)